Monday, August 3, 2015

Are YOU Thirsty??

Head Up, Chin Up, Keep Smiling....


You know that feeling, "that punched in the gut feeling". It sucks. 
But...the outcome is that it usually makes you stronger, or at least we hope. It makes you want to try harder, or at least it should. 




I am NOT new to the whole GREEN living thing. 
I am NOT new to parenting (x4). 
I am NOT new to stress. 
I am NOT new to busting my butt. 
I am NOT new to exercising or being fit. 
I am NOT new to homeschooling. 
I am NOT new to toxic people. 
I am NOT new to giving out advice & help to whomever needs it. 
I am NOT new to hearing the usual excuses, as to why it's HARD to learn or try something new. 
I am NOT new to hearing, "it's way too expensive"...and illness isn't? 
I am NOT new to the "un-educated or rather very educated just refuse to bend attitude". 
I am NOT that crowd follower. 
I am NOT easily swayed by flashy colors & bright lights. 
These things are NOT new to me. 




BUT....sometimes I have to stop & shake my head. Did I really just see that? Hear that? This gets to me most after answering someone's questions about how they can do better for themselves & their family. I think to myself why did you bother to ask me if you were just going to continue doing the same thing? Why? Why? WHYYYY?













This is when I think, keep your head up, chin up & just keep smiling. 

They will get it, eventually.



 


When you know better, you should absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, "DO BETTER". Right? Right??


We learn from an early age, that if you touch a hot pan you'll get burnt, so don't do it. We learn to know better, so next time we'll "DO BETTER". Simple.


SO, let me ask you this... 
If you know something, how do you UN-KNOW it? 
How do you FORGET that the hot pan will burn you? 




KNOWLEDGE, perhaps.






Knowledge is POWER, my friends. 

There is no knowledge that is not power. Being able to apply what you know...that is the POWER. Knowledge becomes a part of who you are. And no matter what happens to you in life, knowledge is something that nobody can ever take away from you. It helps you to make better decisions and to improve the lives of everyone around you. 



You know that old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."
Well, I'm here to use my knowledge to make sure that you're THIRSTY before you get to the water.





Just like YOU, I do the BEST I can EVERYDAY for my family.  

Eating organic and reading labels doesn't make me crazy. Being aware & sharing my knowledge to empower others doesn't make me crazy

It makes me PASSIONATE. 


P A S S I O N A T E



PASSIONATE for what I believe in, and what's best for my family.

I'm doing something that I feel really GOOD about. I'm living a lifestyle that makes me smile. Helping others and spreading awareness, makes my heart happy. Call it, Peace of Mind.

I want YOU to get to THAT place in your mind, and in your heart... where YOUR FIRST THOUGHT WILL BE...



-How can they use THAT on their child?  

-I can't believe I've been using/eating THIS!

-How can they buy THAT?

-OMG!!



Believe me, I have tears in my eyes when I watch good intentioned parents make un-educated or "just what they know so why stop now" purchases to use on their children & themselves. 


It....breaks....my....heart. 



Let me ask you this...please, be honest with yourself....

When was the last time you thought to read the ingredients on your shampoo bottle? How about your sunscreen? Your expensive bottle of facial moisturizer? Your toothpaste? Your deodorant? Your body lotion? Your lip balm? Your make-up? Your hand soap, the one in your bathroom that the kids use? Your All-Purpose Cleaner? Etc., Etc.....


When? If you haven't you NEED to.


Don't wait. Go get it, turn it around and look. What do you see? Can you pronounce the words? Do you know what they mean? What do they do? 


Keep in mind, your skin is your largest organ. EVERYTHING you put on your skin is absorbed in 26 seconds, (faster for children) then enters your bloodstream. It's true.


Think of the food you eat. Where does that go? Do you try to eat healthy? Maybe? On occasion? Have you read the ingredient labels on the back of your favorite snacks? Cereals? Anything you put in your mouth? Yes, even the ones that say, "natural". 


If you do ONE thing today, please READ YOUR LABELS. Just READ them. 

Really, be aware of what you are putting on & in your body. After all YOU are what YOU eat & put on YOUR body, right? Absolutely!  

For more information regarding what's inside your products check out: ewg.org



If YOU aren't happy with what those labels say, READ ON....





When YOU change YOUR thinking, YOU change YOUR life.


Are YOU ready to change YOUR thinking? 

Are YOU ready to change YOUR life?




Feeling THIRSTY?

That's the first step. 



This is YOUR Second Step.








Because, Together WE Can Do So MUCH!



The world needs YOU, it needs YOUR dedication, YOUR appreciation for a healthy body, a clear mind and a happy heart.


I'm doing the best I can to help spread awareness about the everyday toxins found around us, and to find the best products on the market, for my family & yours! 
I am happy to be your friend & help you lead a healthier, happier lifestyle. Thanks for being a part of it.


Yours in Thirst,
Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment