Monday, March 2, 2015

My Mission & Shocker...What is Your Skin Absorbing?

Okay, so if you know me you know where I stand on chemicals, toxins & the like. As a mom of 4, wife, daughter, aunt & friend...I've made it my mission in the last 12 years to learn, educate myself & help others choose a better path. Why has this been my mission? Twelve years ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (she's a survivor!!), she was given 2 years to live. This is when my mind jumped into overdrive, how do I help my mom? The information & knowledge I gained from this incredible journey was literally shocking. Eye opening, if you will. Needless to say, our lifestyles changed for the better. No, we didn't eat garbage, we weren't frequenting the drive thru, we weren't couch potatoes, we didn't use every body product on the market...even so I cleaned out our pantry, threw away my Pantene & Suave, said goodbye to to my pretty nail polishes, suntan oils, lipsticks, & shaving gel. Guess what, I have never looked back. Not once. The peace of mind it brought to me was refreshing. The stressful part...now what do we buy, what do we eat, what should we wash our hair with, where do we get it??? I went through all of this. This is where my years of learning & knowledge comes in handy for you. Knowledge is a VERY powerful thing. Once you know, how can you not know? Meaning, if you know that deodorant you're using is full of toxic, cancer causing carcinogens, (like mine used to be) why are you still using it? WHY? WHY?? It's time to invest in yourself, & your future self. With so many healthier, truly organic options out there...it's easy to make the switch. But, you have to want to. You have to truly WANT to. I am not here to sell anything, just give you better options. A choice. I have used a lot, tried many brands & even handmade many of the products I use in my home & still do. For years, I was looking for the next exciting product for my family or the best product to recommend to a friend looking for help. The best recipe, and the best place to buy organic food. It is exhausting. Through it all, I have been blessed to find some amazing food and products along the way. I have even joined a company whose standards mimic my own for all the same reasons. If you let me, I will bring my experiences to you. My knowledge. If I can bring awareness to YOU, that makes me a happy chic. I will help you make those tough decisions. I know we are all busy, it's hard to find the time, let alone learn about what to buy, and what to avoid. But, I'm here to help. :-)

For starters...here's a useful list of ingredients to avoid...time to turn those bottles over & be your own detective. Read those labels!! #betoxicfree #beaware #sweetorganicchic

No comments:

Post a Comment